"The amazing grace of the Master, Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit, be with all of you." II Corinthians 13:14 (The Message)


Monday, October 10, 2011

Hair Bows or Footballs?



A lot of little girls dream about becoming a princess, or a mother, or a hair stylist, or a nurse, or a school teacher, or a thousand other "girlie" things when they grow up. Not me! I dreamed about becoming an NFL football kicker! For years I refused to accept the fact that I was a girl and dreaming a dream that would never come true.

When I finally accepted the fact that I would never be able to be an NFL kicker, I made some other decisions. I would only give birth to boys. I never did like girls as a kid and was determined never to have one.

Then I decided I would be a pilot and a famous journalist. I could fly all over the world covering major news leads. Now this dream was at least one where I had some control...to a point.

The point of all of this? God had a plan for me. I became a teacher and the mother of two precious girls. Thankfully, they aren't girly girls, but they are girls, and I wouldn't trade them for all the stinky boys in the world! They fill my heart with joy every day. I am proud to be a part of what they are becoming.

I don't know what the future holds for me or what God has planned for my life. I think I'm still trying to "grow up." I doubt it includes a career in the NFL, but it will, as long as I give Him the control, have a kingdom impact. I'm excited to see what it holds for me.

Blessings,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment