"The amazing grace of the Master, Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit, be with all of you." II Corinthians 13:14 (The Message)


Wednesday, July 17, 2013

 Doing "Hard" with Grace and Courage
"But Daniel RESOLVED not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself this way."  Daniel 1:8

Learning to do hard things with grace and courage takes resolve.  Life is about choices.  We don't always have a choice about what happens to us, but we always have a choice about how we react to it.  On July 9, I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Everything has happened so quickly, and I know that to some degree I am still in shock.  Still, I have a choice.  Daniel resolved long before the challenge was put before him to trust God in every situation. I can face this challenge with grace and courage, or I can play the victim and wallow in self-pity.  I know that there will be some tough days ahead of me.  There will be days when I am emotionally drained and days when I feel physically lousy.  This journey will not be perfect because I am not perfect, but at the end of the road I want to look back and see, and I want my children to look back and see a woman who placed her trust in God and RESOLVED to choose grace and courage in the face of a storm.  I have a lot of lessons to learn on this journey, and I can't wait to see what God has planned to teach me.  I would love to share this journey with you.
Blessings,
Penny

6 comments:

  1. Well said Penny. My thoughts and prayers are with you through this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a blessing Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny, may every day bring a fresh revelation of who God is and how much He loves you, and may you be filled with contagious joy even in the face of challenge and trials.

    ReplyDelete