"The amazing grace of the Master, Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit, be with all of you." II Corinthians 13:14 (The Message)


Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's Not About Me!


There's just something about music that touches my heart and is able to reach my soul better than anything else in this world. As I listened to the lyrics of Matthew West's song, "My Own Little World" today, I suddenly felt the tears running down my cheeks. I have often felt those lyrics in my heart even before hearing this song. What in the world am I doing outside of my own little world? How often have I been so focused on me that I've just passed this hurting world right on by? How often have I been so focused on God taking care of my needs that I have failed to see the needs of those around me.

I'm tired of being a taker in this world. I want desperately to be a giver. That choice is up to me. I pray that God will open my eyes to see those around me who are hurting, and that He will continue to fan the flame that is in my heart to help those who need it.

I've posted this song for your enjoyment. Please listen to the lyrics with your heart. If you are able to listen to it and watch the video that accompanies it without crying, please pray that God will soften your heart.



Blessings,
Penny

1 comment:

  1. Music has always been a medium that God speaks to me through. There are songs that I cry through each and every time I hear them. This one is beautiful and I think I need this album. I'm a huge fan of Matthew West!!

    ReplyDelete