"The amazing grace of the Master, Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit, be with all of you." II Corinthians 13:14 (The Message)


Sunday, October 2, 2011

More Blessings

I haven't done very well on my blogging commitment this week. I started getting what I thought was just allergies on Thursday; however, by Saturday, I felt bad enough to go to the local urgent care. I left with a steroid shot and three prescriptions.

This has left me, though, with a renewed appreciation for America and the blessings we enjoy as Americans. There are many people in this world that couldn't go to a local "Doc in the Box" and get a shot and medicine and be well enough to return to work on Monday morning. A huge thank you to those men and women who serve in our military and make these blessings possible. That is only one small gift they give to us by their service.

Another blessing that has come from this infection is that it has given me a chance to see my husband in a new or maybe a renewed way. He took me to the doctor, took my prescriptions to the pharmacy, went back and picked those up, managed an event for my National Honor Society students, and brought me breakfast in bed this morning. He even cleaned up the kitchen when he finished cooking.

One more blessing...my daughter will be home on Thursday evening. I won't get to see her for very long but long enough to get a few hugs in. Can't wait!

My heart is full today.

Blessings,
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment